In Singapore, wills are governed by the Wills Act, which states that a testator may devise, bequeath or dispose of his real or personal estate, via a will.
Formalities of a Will
The requirements for a valid will in Singapore are:
- The will must be committed to writing.
- The testator must be at least 21 years old.
- The testator must sign the will at the foot of the will.
- The testator’s signature must be witnessed by 2 or more witnesses, who must also sign the will in his presence.
- The 2 main witnesses cannot be beneficiaries of the will, or spouses of beneficiaries.
Continue reading at Singapore Legal Advice.