Youth Survey: enough money to retire early come out tops – A survey commissioned by TODAY has found that most millennials have become more fearful (58 per cent) and less sociable (54 per cent) because of the pandemic, though more than half (59 per cent) were still optimistic about the future, believing that life would be better a year from now.
- Fifty-eight per cent of youth surveyed said they have become more fearful because of the pandemic
- But 59 per cent were optimistic that life would be better a year from now
- The top two feelings that respondents had in the last three months or so were “anxious” and “stressful”
- A counsellor believes the frustration that young people are feeling about the pandemic restrictions is the main stressor
- The survey also asked about their financial goals, and having enough funds to retire early came up tops
The wide-ranging survey, which is demographically representative, covers six topics: Racism, religion, LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer) attitudes, gender dynamics, the impact of Covid-19 on mental well-being and social ties, and career and material success.
And because of the pandemic, less than half, or 48 per cent, said that they were able to still live their lives to the fullest.
Compared with before the pandemic, 54 per cent of respondents also said that they have become less sociable.
On the other hand, 53 per cent said that relationships with family members and friends have become stronger compared to before the pandemic, while 35 per cent said that their relationships with family members and friends have deteriorated.
Looking beyond the pandemic and into the longer term, the survey also asked respondents what they felt were the top indicators of material success.
For 59 per cent, the answer was having enough money to retire early, while 52 per cent hoped for passive income from financial investments, and for 48 per cent, the ability to travel twice or more a year.
Missed our news yesterday? Read here at https://www.nextlifebook.com/estate-planning/goodyear-ceo-says-more-workers-than-expected-retired-during-covid/
Catch us on: Facebook Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
You can read more about more over at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/today-youth-survey-majority-more-fearful-less-sociable-due-covid-19-hopeful-better-life